Date Added: 9 October 2019
: 23 October 2019
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Paul Masterton MP (East Renfrewshire)
Location: Thornliebank, East Renfrewshire
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Paul Masterton MP, Member of Parliament for East Renfrewshire is looking for a full-time Constituency Support Officer to join his team on an initial 6 month contract.
The role is a junior position which would suit a recent graduate or someone from a customer-facing background looking for a career change.
- Dealing with enquiries from members of the public
- Manage and monitor incoming calls and enquiries
- Draft responses to constituents
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members
- Providing general administrative support
Key skills include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of teamwork and the ability to work collaboratively
- A willingness to develop within the office and learn new skills
- Excellent organisation and an attention to detail
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 October 2019
The deadline for receipt of applications is midnight on the closing date.
Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please send a CV & cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title CV: CSO
If you have any questions please phone Craig Wilson or Jamie Pollock on 0141 648 8811