Date Added: 8 October 2019
: 21 October 2019
Job Title: Caseworkers (x2)
Working For: Andrew Bowie MP (West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine)
Location: Banchory, Aberdeenshire
Salary: In line with IPSA Payscales
Andrew Bowie MP is looking to appoint two Caseworkers, based in his constituency office in Banchory, Aberdeenshire. Applications for both full-time and part-time roles are welcome.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public by telephone and email.
- Progress and draft casework as required.
- Attend constituency meetings and surgeries as appropriate and represent MP when necessary.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues.
- General administrative tasks - Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
- Assist the MP with other duties as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong customer service mindset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to organise.
- A good team player.
The following skills are required:
- A good understanding of the British political system and local government.
- A good grasp of current affairs.
- An understanding of constituency issues.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Full driving licence.
The following skills are preferred:
- Knowledge of the West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine constituency.
- Knowledge of caseworker.mp.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 October 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. A November start date is strongly preferred. We may appoint before the deadline for applications if the right candidates are identified.
All applicants should send their CV with a short letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by email to: SamuelA.Betz@parliament.uk