Date Added: 8 October 2019
: 16 October 2019
Job Title: Head of Media
Working For: The Welsh Conservative Group
Salary: £33,542-£40,972 (pro rata)
To lead on the press and media operation of the Party Group in the National Assembly for Wales; devising key political messaging and maximising coverage for the Group, its policies and wider objectives; guiding strategic and tactical direction; ensuring successful day-to-day contact with editors, senior journalists and other key stakeholders.
- Design and implement a comprehensive media strategy for the Assembly Group in the National Assembly for Wales; which aims to maximise exposure in all forms of media at a local, national and UK level.
- Take a lead role in developing Group messaging across a wide-range of portfolio areas; including devising responses to political announcements in Wales, advising on key policy positions and acting as a spokesperson for the Group where necessary.
- Lead on all aspects of the Assembly Group’s media operation; dealing with both proactive and reactive press on a day-to-day basis.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- A formal qualification in Media or Communications is essential
- An NCTJ diploma qualification or similar would be highly desirable
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- First-class writing and communication skills, a keen eye for detail and an understanding of how to "sell" stories to the media
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part, and leader, of a team.
- Proven evidence of the highest standard of communication skills; with the ability to effectively convey the work of the Group to a wide-ranging audience.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post which can be found in the link below:
Closing Date: 16 October 2019
Interview date: 23rd October 2019
To apply, please submit an application form (CVs optional) to Paul.Smith@Assembly.Wales. Application form and a full job description can be found in the link below: