Date Added: 8 October 2019
: 16 October 2019
Job Title: External Affairs Officer
Working For: One Housing
We are looking for a passionate external relations specialist with experience working with politicians, media and other corporate stakeholders. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who can spot opportunities to influence stakeholders or opportunities to place stories with local or national media.
You’ll be responsible for supporting and delivering a planned programme of pro-active engagement with politicians, media and other key corporate stakeholders to increase awareness and understanding of our brand and work to generate external support. This includes:
- Provide an effective horizon scanning service to ensure that One Housing stays abreast of emerging issues and opportunities in the political arena.
- Identify opportunities for political stakeholder engagement and develop channels aimed at delivering key messages to local and national politicians.
- Brief and provide briefing materials for other teams and senior managers on key issues as required.
- Liaise and actively engage with political stakeholders as appropriate to promote One Housing’s views, projects and initiatives.
- Support and deliver One Housing’s stakeholder publications, newsletters and other relevant literature.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public affairs and/or policy experience with a good understanding of the parliamentary process
- Experience of planning and delivering integrated public affairs or other engagement campaigns
- Experience of communicating with a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders
- Excellent editing skills with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of creating clear, concise, accessible written materials
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Closing Date: 16 October 2019
Covering letter on how you meet the person specification and your CV
Please email Grant Nuon-Imlach, External Affairs Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org