Date Added: 17 September 2019
: 16 October 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Internship (6 month FTC) - REMOVED
Working For: Grant Thornton
We are pleased to be recruiting to our Public Affairs, Policy and Insights team for a six-month paid internship. This offers an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about politics, its impact on Business and who wants to learn more about the private sector.
Joining a specialist team, you will advise clients and colleagues on a rapidly changing business environment with specific focus on Brexit and wider political change – helping them understand what is going on and what it means for them.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and have excellent attention to detail, with experience/interest in politics and business policy.
Some of what you’ll be doing (please see full job description on our website):
- support Public Affairs team and Brexit Advisory colleagues with specific information to feed into their client projects – including researching, writing guidance and presenting.
- takes on own direct enquiry workload and actively develops strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- conducts high quality research in a timely manner, and ensures it is tailored to the needs of the user
- manages own workload effectively to deadline. Keeps line manager informed about workload and shares capacity when needed
- keep abreast of important political stories on a daily basis
- proof-read and, if necessary, rewrite media statements and letters to parliamentarians
- regularly reviews the Intranet and keeps up to date with the firm's strategy in relation to its core markets and sectors
Who we are looking for:
- GCSE grades A-C (in English and Maths) – minimum requirement
- Strong political knowledge: An intimate knowledge of the political process in the UK and Europe is crucial – minimum requirement
- Experience in Pubic Affairs or related roles would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- The ability to gather and interpret information: To take on board and understand reams of new information is key.
Closing Date: 16 October 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible and we will close the role as soon as it fills.
Please apply via our website using this direct link: https://ukgrantt.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/CareersGrantThornton/job/London-110-Bishopsgate/Public-Affairs-Assistant--6-month-FTC-_R1021053
19th September 2019 - This advert has been removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.