Date Added: 11 September 2019
: 25 September 2019
Job Title: Assistant to the Chief Executive
Working For: Liberal Democrats
Salary: £26,000-£35,000 per annum
Contract: Full-time, 3 Months contract
Location: LDHQ, Westminster, London
PURPOSE OF JOB
This position is at the administrative centre of Liberal Democrat HQ and filling it effectively will be essential to our preparations for future campaigns and elections.
The post-holder will manage the CEO’s correspondence e-mails, diary and meetings, papers and briefings, look after their guests and professional relationships, and provide executive assistance carrying out management functions across the party.
They will provide administrative support to the party’s senior management team, coordinating their meetings, facilitating business management projects and supporting the wider work of LDHQ.
Assistant to the Chief Executive
- Proactively manage the Chief Executive’s diary, including management of meetings, and co-ordination of travel and accommodation as required.
- Filter and handle enquiries, e-mails and correspondence; prepare papers and presentations; take executive action arising from all these and help manage the Chief Executive’s workload.
- Administer the regular meetings of Directors and other relevant meetings, including preparing agendas,following up action points, and supporting business management projects.
- Manage and produce briefing material and necessary papers to ensure that the Chief Executive is fully prepared for all engagements.
- Ensure appropriate hospitality is extended to the Chief Executive’s guests.
- Liaise with key figures in the party, including colleagues in Parliament and the State, Regional and wider parties, to help maintain strong working relationships between these and the Chief Executive.
- Schedule regular meetings with direct line reports, and follow up key management tasks, chasing actions as required.
- Maintain a rigorous approach to filing and information management systems.
- Other administrative and executive support, as required
Closing Date: 25 September 2019
Interviews will take place in the w/c on 30 September 2019.
It is recommended that you read the full job description before applying for this role.
and to submit an application, please contact:
Please apply by email attaching:
- A copy of your CV; including complete work history
- A Covering Letter; no more than 2 pages of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the job and person specification. Please also write your name on top of your supporting statement.
- A completed diversity monitoring form
25th September 2019 - The closing date has been brought forward from 30 Sep 2019 to 25 Sep 2019.