Date Added: 11 September 2019
: 4 October 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Adam Holloway MP (Gravesham)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
- Running a fun and happy office
- Diary management - organising visits and meetings in both Gravesham and Parliament
- Looking after visitors, including young people doing work experience, conducting tours
- Dealing with all tour and gallery ticket requests
- Recovering costs through IPSA
- Booking meeting rooms and managing administration for events
- General office management
- Giving sensible advice
- Assisting with the work of other colleagues as required and communicating appropriately with internal and external contacts
The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated and motivated by the best interests and wellbeing of the constituents
- Flexibility, adaptability and a sense of humour
- Good communication and team work skills - it is a small team who muck in when needed
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
- The office primarily deals with constituency casework - looking after the needs of constituents who require assistance - and the role is not suitable for political hacks with their own political ambitions. This is not a policy/researcher role.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 4 October 2019
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 14th October with start date as soon as possible thereafter. We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is found.
Please send a CV of no more than two pages and a covering letter of no more than one page to email@example.com