Date Added: 11 September 2019
: 23 September 2019
Job Title: Campaign Organiser
Working For: Cambridge Labour Party
Salary: £23,000 per annum Full-Time contract initially until 29th May 2020
Cambridge has both a Labour MP and Labour runs the City Council with the vision One Cambridge Fair for All. This job is to coordinate the campaigning with the very active Labour Party Branches, the City and County Labour Groups and the MP for both the upcoming General Election and the 2020 City Council Elections where all 42 seats will be contested.
The responsibilities and personal skills indicate the nature of the job and of the potential candidates.
- Working with the Ward Organisers, Councillors and Candidates to coordinate campaigning activity
- Ensure the implementation of national Labour Party campaigns in the Cambridge area.
- Co-ordinate the weekly campaigning email newsletter to members
- Act as election agent for all candidates
- To work with the CLP Chair in conjunction with the MP and City Labour Group officers to develop messages for campaigns
- Providing training to members on campaigning and election techniques. Ensure with the Vice-Chair Membership campaigning events for new members are organised.
- Reporting on the activity and organisation to the Chair, Campaign Team and Constituency Labour Party Executive.
- a knowledge and understanding of the Party organisation
- an understanding of the Trade Union movement
- a knowledge of modern campaigning technique
- experience of being involved in campaigning
- experience of using new technology
- experience of working with volunteers
- experience of working on own initiative
- ability to communicate concisely both verbally and in written form
- ability to use DTP package to produce leaflets
- ability to organise training events
- ability to organise a group of volunteers
- ability to organise an election campaign
- ability to use basic office software packages
- ability to work with and lead a wide range of people
- Ability to motivate people
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Interview Date Saturday 28th September. Start date will be as soon as possible. Depending on applications and the ever changing political situation we may appoint earlier.
Applications should consist of a one page covering letter and a comprehensive CV.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
For an informal discussion please contact Jocelynne Scutt on 07821 653997 firstname.lastname@example.org