Date Added: 10 September 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Fundraiser
Working For: Resources for Autism
Resources for Autism is looking for a full time FUNDRAISER
Resources for Autism is a leading charity in London and the West Midlands providing much needed practical services to families and their loved ones who live with Autism. Our service users have access to club and community support, music and art therapy as well as families being able to join sibling and parent groups.
You will have a keen eye for research to new pathways for funding. You will be comfortable with engaging with social media to open doors for Resources for Autism to new funding platforms.
Under the guidance of the Director and the Senior Fundraiser, you will develop a deep understanding of the work the charity does, form strong relationships with staff at all levels to best present what they do, write powerful funding bids, case studies and reports.
In return, you will be part of a thriving hub of activity and a supporting team where your input into the work Resources for Autism does will be unique.
Duties will include:
- Continue to develop fundraising at RFA (primarily written applications to grant making trusts, and developing fundraising initiatives)
- Carry out research to identify potential new sources of grants and, with support, submit applications that will enable the charity to sustain the services set out in the business plan
- To maintain and nurture relationships with current grant makers and donors
- Regularly evaluate progress and prepare periodic reports for the director and trustees on progress towards agreed fundraising objectives
- Ensure that all fundraising projects and activities are carried out in a manner that meets the Charity Commission’s requirements and complies with relevant legislation
- Develop contacts with the media to promote RfA’s fundraising activities and services to families
- Develop fundraising initiatives with staff and service users and support their efforts to raise unrestricted income
- To seek donations from agreed individuals, trusts and businesses
The ideal candidate will have:
- A creative, imaginative and entrepreneurial attitude to fundraising
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of the charity and its donors
Benefits include pension and 5 week's leave.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: SEPTEMBER 26TH
Please complete our online application form found here:
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please call 02084583259 and ask to speak to Liza Dresner.