Date Added: 10 September 2019
: 23 September 2019
Job Title: Junior Researcher
Working For: HOPE not hate Charitable Trust
Salary: £24,000 per annum pro rata
HOPE not hate Charitable Trust is the UK’s leading anti-racism and anti-fascist charity.
We’re looking for a Junior Researcher to join our team, based in our London office, to provide research assistance to the team, write articles and contribute to reports.
If you’re passionate about challenging racism and pushing back the rise of the far right and enjoy researching and writing we want to hear from you.
We expect applicants to show a range of experiences:
- An undergraduate degree or a proven track record of research skills.
- A good grasp of English and an ability to write to a professional standard.
- The ability to consume and understand large amounts of information.
- 100% commitment to HOPE not hate’s values and objectives, a dynamic, self-starting and ambitious personality, ready to take on the far right.
- An extensive working knowledge of a wide range of social media platforms and interest/understanding of online culture.
Working as a member of our Research team this role includes:
- Daily monitoring of far-right organisations.
- Working to remove hate content on social media by reporting illegal content or content that breaks the terms of service of mainstream social media platforms.
- Working with the rest of the research team to provide research assistance on articles and reports.
- Coming up with ideas for content and producing articles for our website and magazine.
If you have any question regarding the role please contact Joe Mulhall.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract starting ASAP
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Interviews will take place on the week of September 30th.
To apply, submit your CV (no longer than 2 pages) and cover letter by the closing date.
Your cover letter should be no longer than 500 words, and explain how your experience matches the criteria we’re looking for. We welcome links to examples of your work, but this is not a requirement.
We believe that our work will be at its best if it is created by people with a range of backgrounds and experiences. We are keen to interview people who will add diversity to our team. We do not require degree-level formal education.