Date Added: 13 August 2019
: 30 August 2019
Job Title: Account Executive
Working For: SP Broadway
Salary: £22,000 per annum
SP Broadway is a public relations consultancy specialising in planning and development, advising clients on development projects in the housebuilding, energy, business, retail and strategic land sectors. We build relationships with political, community and media stakeholders to help gain planning consents and strategic land allocations for our clients.
We are looking for an ambitious graduate with excellent writing and research skills to join us from 1 October 2019 as an Account Executive, helping our team with the essential written and research tasks that enable us to provide the reasoned, informed advice our clients need.
You will need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in planning and development, and a basic understanding of local government’s role in this
- A demonstrable interest in British politics – through your degree, as an activist for one of the main parties, or having interned / worked for an elected politician or political party
- A good degree in a relevant topic (ideally Politics or History – International Politics graduates are welcome to apply but a knowledge of British politics is required!)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing research reports on local politics
- Compiling FAQs for new development projects
- Monitoring local media for clients
- Drafting letters to councillors and other stakeholders
- Drafting our weekly newsletter, ‘Politics of Planning’
- Helping with the organisation of our events programme
- Helping to win new business
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active person who is looking to progress a career in public affairs and is keen to progress within the company, taking on added responsibilities within our tight-knit, friendly team and getting stuck-in with all aspects of the work we do.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, if your covering letter does not show an interest in planning & development issues and an interest in British politics, you are unlikely to receive a reply.