Date Added: 13 August 2019
: 9 September 2019
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker (part-time)
Working For: Dr Phillip Lee MP (Bracknell)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and commensurate with skills and experience
A competent, committed and empathetic individual is sought for the role of Constituency Caseworker in the constituency office of Dr Phillip Lee MP.
Please note: this is a part-time role of up to 24hrs p/w. Exact hours and working routine to be decided/negotiated with the successful candidate. Flexible working requests will be considered.
- Managing and progressing portfolio of constituency casework
- Responding effectively and courteously to correspondence and enquiries from constituents and third parties
- Building professional relationships with local stakeholders and organisations
- Undertaking research on complex subjects
- Ensuring that information is managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection legislation
- Assisting other staff with arrangements for meetings, events and visits
- Providing general administrative support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- A positive attitude with a dedicated and empathetic approach to assisting people
- An ability to work independently in a small team with minimal supervision
- An ability to manage own workload using initiative, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Excellent research and IT skills (Microsoft Office and casework management software, PC and Apple hardware)
- An interest and knowledge of local/national politics and current affairs
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 September 2019
Applications are to be submitted by midday on the closing date.
Interviews will take place in Bracknell in mid-September.
Start date as soon as possible on appointment.
Applicants should apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a CV (max. two pages) and a covering letter setting out how they meet the role criteria.
All enquiries: 020 7219 1270