Date Added: 13 August 2019
: 4 September 2019
Job Title: Junior Caseworker
Working For: James Duddridge MP (Rochford and Southend East)
Salary: Within IPSA guidelines
James Duddridge MP is seeking to recruit a full-time Junior Caseworker based in his busy Constituency Office in Southend.
The role will focus on constituency casework and policy correspondence and will involve dealing directly with constituents on a wide range of issues. It will include:
- Dealing with constituents' correspondence/problems and progressing casework
- Drafting responses on behalf of the Member to constituents
- Providing information, advice and support to constituents over the phone or in writing
- Maintaining accurate records and files
- Attending Advice Surgeries and meetings in the constituency
- General office administration and support
The following skills are essential:
- Ability to provide advice and support to constituents through liaison with Government Agencies, the voluntary sector and other bodies
- Excellent written skills
- A polite telephone manner, and an ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail and a thorough approach to completing all tasks
- Ability to empathise with others
- Strong organisational and people skills
- Ability to manage a large case load efficiently
- Competent use of IT. Experience using casework processing software is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of the importance of record keeping and dealing with confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a small team
You should be self-motivated, reliable, have sound judgement and be prepared to work both as part of a small team or individually. You should have the ability to take responsibility for and manage a large case load.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 4 September 2019
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9am on the closing date. Candidates who need to serve out a long notice period in their current job would only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the application will be closed should we find the right candidate before the closing date.
Please send a one-page cover letter and full CV to Pindie Kuzvinzwa: email@example.com, with the subject line: Caseworker Application
Please note given the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.