Date Added: 16 July 2019
: 30 August 2019
Job Title: Personal Assistant - REMOVED
Working For: Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts
Salary: £14,000-£18,000 per annum for 3 days per week. Expenses will be reimbursed
Peer with active commercial and political life seeks an efficient PA with excellent communication and organisational skills to work 3 days per week. Hours flexible and possible to work from home on 2 days with requirement to answer telephone calls Monday to Friday.
- Providing comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to Lord Hodgson in relation to his parliamentary, business and personal interests
- Managing Lord Hodgson’s diary, scheduling meetings, phone calls, and related logistics
- Arranging travel and accommodation requirements
- Organising and administering events and visits sponsored by Lord Hodgson
- Monitoring Lord Hodgson’s inbox, typing and drafting replies as appropriate
- Responding to incoming post, messages and telephone calls, and tracking correspondence
- Preparing and processing letters and documents
- Ensuring Lord Hodgson has relevant papers for meetings
- Organising mailings, printing and stationery
- Submission of business expenses
- Maintaining online records and ensuring that relevant websites are up to date
- Liaison with Peers, MPs, ministerial offices, parliamentary offices, APPGs and numerous external organisations
- Very occasional research to assist in the preparation of speeches, submissions or other matters for the House of Lords
- Any other duties as directed by Lord Hodgson which are commensurate with the role
- Previous experience of working as a PA at a senior level
- Strong office management and secretarial skills with experience of working in a busy office to regular deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Integrity, confidentiality and reliability essential
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
Interview dates: In the next 10 days or during the September sitting (3-12 September)
Start date: To be agreed
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date so early applications are encouraged.
Please send your CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com
26th July 2019 - This advert has been removed at the request of the original advertiser as the position has been filled. Please do not apply for this role.