Date Added: 11 July 2019
: 31 July 2019
Job Title: Intern (4-6 weeks)
Working For: Curtin&Co
Salary: £20,000 pro rata
Curtin&Co is currently looking for an intern to support the public affairs team, who work on housing and planning policy at UK level, in their London office. The duration of the role will depend on the applicant, but would ideally be between 4-6 weeks.
- The internship will involve the monitoring and reporting of key policy developments in the housing and planning sector to senior Curtin&Co staff, with activities including:Covering and reporting on political developments in the UK and the Devolved Regions
- Detailed monitoring of developments on housing and planning at UK and Devolved Government level
- Reporting on meetings and events in the UK Parliament (that you may also be required to attend)
- Tracking of Parliamentary Questions, Parliamentary Motions and other relevant dossiers
- Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and with ad-hoc requests and advice
- Providing briefings to clients and senior consultants
- Attending and assistance at public consultation events
- General office and administrative duties
The candidate should fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- An interest in housing and planning topics
- A good academic degree (or comparable)
- A background (e.g. internship) in the British Government or experience with its institutions
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
- Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research paper
- A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in an effective and timely fashion
- Experience in digital and social media and their application in progressive government relations programmes would be a considerable advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Closing Date: 31 July 2019
If successful, you will be required to complete a phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview at our office.
We would require successful applicants to start in early August.
Please submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted through recruitment agencies will not be accepted.