Date Added: 28 June 2019
: 28 August 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant - REMOVED
Working For: Sam Gyimah MP (East Surrey)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Sam Gyimah MP is looking for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant in his busy Westminster office. The successful applicant will primarily provide administrative support to Sam in his Parliamentary and constituency business. The role will also include some research support and would therefore suit somebody looking for an entry-level researcher position.
The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
- Efficiently and effectively manage Parliamentary and Constituency diary commitments.
- First point of contact for members of the public needing information, advice and support over the telephone.
- Maintaining absolute discretion and adhering to the GDPR principles at all times.
- Opening and despatching mail.
- Organising Parliamentary tours for constituents.
- Logging and responding to policy emails from campaign groups
- Assisting team members with ad hoc tasks to include casework and campaigns
- Carrying out administrative tasks and other duties as required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the Member’s office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT literacy.
- Knowledge of the constituency would be an advantage
- Interest in politics and policy
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 August 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, with a start date as soon as possible.
Please email a CV (max 2 sides A4) and covering letter (1 side A4) setting out relevant experience and what you think you can bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Parliamentary Assistant application”. For more details, please contact Catherine Wynn on 0207 219 1197, or email email@example.com
Due to the expected volume of applications, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants.
5th August 2019 - This advert has been removed at the request of the original advertiser, as the position has been filled. Please do not apply for this role.