Date Added: 11 June 2019
: 23 June 2019
Job Title: Campaign and Research Assistant
Working For: Crisis Action
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Description of role:
This paid internship will support the development, delivery and evaluation of Crisis Action's international campaigns to protect civilians in conflicts, including Yemen and South Sudan. The role will report into the UK Director, and will work closely with global campaign teams across Crisis Action’s offices. As part of the Crisis Action UK team, s/he also will take on tasks outside of this campaign.
Primary tasks will include:
- Organising and taking notes of campaign calls and meetings with the team, partners and allies, experts and government officials
- Monitoring international media and social media to keep abreast of developments and track media pick-up of campaign products, and collating regular media updates for partners
- Supporting the development of campaign products, including social media toolkits and graphics, press releases and joint letters
- Providing coordination and project management support for UK office and global campaigns
- Undertaking research on issues and contacts relevant to our campaign work, including attending relevant external events, and drafting briefings and intel updates
- Collating input from team or partners on evaluations/ post-action debriefs and surveys
- Providing administrative support to the Crisis Action UK office, including:
- Maintaining the central partner and contact database
- Updating the evidence of change journal to track and record policy change and impact.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent organisational administrative and computer/technology skills and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Has top-notch communication skills, and excellent oral and written English (additional languages, including particularly Arabic and French are a bonus)
- Is a good analyst and creative thinker
- Is a self-starter, takes the initiative, able to multi-task and flourish in a high-paced environment
- Has excellent research skills and ability to distil and summarize complex topics into easy-to understand formats for a variety of audiences
- Has an interest in conflict issues and/or campaigning and advocacy
- Has direct experience working with civil society organisations and/or government institutions
- An interest in digital campaigning and graphic design for social media is desirable.
Closing Date: 23 June 2019
Interview dates: 27 June – 4 July
Preferred start date: 8 July 2019 (or soonest availability)
To apply: please upload your CV and a cover letter in English, explaining why you are interested in Crisis Action and why you believe you are a good fit for the role, based on examples in your current or past positions, by following this link:
References will not be contacted without permission. Please indicate when you would be available to start. We regret that due to the volume of applications we cannot respond individually to each applicant.