Date Added: 10 June 2019
: 28 June 2019
Job Title: Event planning, admin and research volunteer positions - REMOVED
Working For: Solutions Not Sides
Charity Number: 1183651
Salary: Travel and lunch expenses
Fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience working with an educational non-profit in London which works to provide non-partisan education on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This is a chance to work flexibly with a friendly team during the planning and running of our annual student conference. You will gain skills in administration, events planning, research, social media and communications, outreach, and will have the chance to meet amazing Israeli and Palestinian peace activists and attend specialist lectures on Middle Eastern politics, leadership and conflict resolution.
We are looking for someone:
- Well organised with experience in office administrative procedures, research, or analysis (preferably for another charitable organisation)
- Proven interest in Middle East politics
- Knowledge of current affairs in Israel-Palestine
- Conscientious and trustworthy
- Familiarity with the work of SNS
- Experience in events planning and implementation
- Assistance with general office administrative tasks
- Assistance with research and planning for annual student programme in September
- Helping with the facilitation and implementation of our annual student programme
- Production of social media content and articles related to Israel-Palestine, conflict resolution, Middle Eastern politics etc.
- Assist in producing the weekly news update
- During term time, acting as a tour assistant for school workshops, liaising and entertaining speakers from Israel and Palestine
- Assistance with outreach to schools for upcoming tours
- Attending events relevant to the work of Solutions Not Sides
- Willingness to sign up to Solutions Not Sides Declaration of Principles
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 28 June 2019
Start as soon as possible.
Applications accepted year round.
Please send your CV with a short message stating why you want to volunteer with SNS to Celia Hart at: firstname.lastname@example.org
13th June 2019 - This advert has been removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.