Date Added: 6 June 2019
: 23 June 2019
Job Title: 99 Percent Ambassador Programme
Working For: The IARS International Institute
Charity Number: 1124590
The 99% Campaign is a youth-led initiative and digital participation programme aiming to make society more inclusive, fair and responsive to young people’s views and realities. It achieves its mission by giving direct voice to the most marginalised young people and by dispelling negative stereotypes. This Ambassador p
The responsibilities of the Ambassador will include:
- Developing and writing blog and magazine articles about youth issues and current affairs.
- Contributing to and leading on research projects for the Youth Voices Journal
- Assisting in the organisation and management of IARS and 99 Percent Events
- Contributing to the social media strategy of the 99 percent and the IARS International Institute
- Creating content for the website, e-mails, social media and blog.
What skills are we looking for?
- Written work is engaging, accurate and unique to the writer.
- Demonstrates the ability to write for a variety of audiences, such as the blog, the magazine and the Youth Voices Journal.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- An excellent grasp of the English language, both written and spoking, is required.
- Any education level (or no education level!)
We want your opinions, not your academic history.
- Good teamworking skills
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to deadlines.
- Good general organisation and project management skills.
- Networking skills.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Regular networking events, both digital and face-to-face.
- Opportunity to attend international and national conferences, attend face-to-face and e-learning courses.
- Access to a network of young professionals making a change in their communities.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 23 June 2019
Interviews will be on an ongoing basis and start dates are flexible. We are recruiting many ambassadors across the UK.
Please send across a cover letter, identifying your working experience and areas of interest, and a 150-300 word blog proposal on a topic you are passionate about.