Date Added: 15 May 2019
: 29 May 2019
Job Title: Office Manager and Senior Caseworker
Working For: Stella Creasy MP (Walthamstow)
Salary: up to £33,000 depending on experience
A rare opportunity has arisen to join Stella Creasy's team as Office Manager and Senior Caseworker. Based in her constituency, this full time job is helping lead a small team dedicated to improving the lives of the people of God's own Country of Walthamstow. The successful applicant will work closely with the MP and the other caseworkers, running the MP’s office and providing personal assistance to constituents. They will also help develop community projects that seek to change the lives of local residents.
Duties will include:
- Managing all constituency activities and the casework team
- Liaising with various agencies and organisations to resolve constituents' problems and prevent them happening again.
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings and taking notes.
- Overseeing the financial budgets, IPSA compliance and administrative functions of the office.
- Helping develop and support relationships with community groups, statutory services and voluntary organisations including designing community interventions to address key policy concerns.
- Experience of community advocacy work e.g. housing, welfare benefits or immigration advice services.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of managing and motivating staff as well as able to work well with others both within the office and in the local area – ability to recognise the absurd as well as the best in humanity and react patiently to either a definite bonus.
- Good IT skills – previous use of casework and customer relationship management databases beneficial.
- Aptitude for administrative and accounting procedures to ensure the effective financial management of office.
- Awareness of the importance of safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable at all ages and ensuring the highest standards of conduct by all members of staff at all times.
- A commitment to Walthamstow and community led advocacy- this is not a job for anyone who thinks of themselves as a cast member of the West Wing but is the perfect position for someone who believes in grassroots change.
Please note this role may entail evening and weekend activities within the constituency and/or at Westminster.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 May 2019
Interviews will take place in Walthamstow on Friday 31st May and you must be available on this date for interview in person. No application received after 5pm on the closing date will be accepted. This position has an immediate start.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter of no more than 700 words on why you would be the best person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that sadly due to resource constraints only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, so if you do not hear from Stella’s office by the interview date please assume your application has not been taken forward. Please also note the MP will not be involved in shortlisting, and any attempts to contact her directly about this role will result in automatic disqualification from consideration.