Date Added: 15 May 2019
: 14 June 2019
Job Title: Senior analyst, Technology in Local Government
Working For: Globaldata Public Sector
Salary: £30,000-£35,000, depending on experience
GlobalData has one of the UK’s leading public sector ICT research and analysis team, with a long history and significant expertise covering this market. Today our team of analysts and researchers delivers a large programme of research and advisory services, covering ICT in central government, local government, health, criminal justice, education, defence and transport.
We are seeking an addition to our team to take the lead on our coverage of local government technology, policing and education.
- Researching and writing strategic reports and analysis on UK public sector technology topics for our subscribers, with an emphasis on local government and other local services such as policing and education.
- Keeping on top of the latest developments in government policy, key technologies and suppliers, local government and police news and procurement, with the support of the wider team.
- Leading GlobalData’s pan-public sector coverage in at least one specialist area of ICT (such as data analytics, cybersecurity, or cloud).
- Fostering strong relationships with key suppliers in this space.
- Writing short comment and news articles for our subscribers.
- Advising clients via telephone and face-to-face briefings and responding to client queries.
- Contributing to consulting projects and custom research.
- Supporting our sales team to engage current and prospective clients.
- Promoting GlobalData and your personal brand by commenting to journalists, speaking at conferences, and making new contacts by networking in industry forums.
- Supporting our data teams in their data collection and market forecasting work.
- Knowledge of and interest in local government and the wider public sector in the UK.
- Knowledge of procurement processes in local government, police, education, or related sectors.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, key technology developments relevant to the public sector.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven ability to produce analysis reports in Word and PowerPoint.
- Numerate and data-literate; ability to use diverse sources of data to create compelling analysis.
- A helpful, collaborative team player. Curiosity and willingness to learn about emerging technology topics.
- Experience in market or social research desirable, but not essential
Closing Date: 14 June 2019
Please apply using LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1269988734/