Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 10 June 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Dods Parliamentary Communications Limited/Politics Home
A unique opportunity for a driven individual has arisen at PoliticsHome, one of the UK’s most read political news outlets. This role is a nice mix of communications and public affairs, with a commercial edge.
PoliticsHome provide comprehensive, up-to the minute coverage of all aspects of British politics, seven days a week. Members use the website to publish editorial content, disseminate reports and respond to political developments. The PoliticsHome membership currently spans a wide range of prominent organisations who use the website as part of their communications strategy; targeting political stakeholders, MPs and journalists.
As Communications Officer, you will be supporting the political communications consultants to ensure member’s content is edited to house style and uploaded in a timely manner. You will also be acting as the primary parliamentary liaison, responsible for commissioning MP and peer op-eds.
You will be the primary social media manager for all stakeholder content on PoliticsHome. You will be responsible for maximising their impact online, so their key messages reach parliamentarians and journalists as well as broadening the reach of our opinion section on platforms such as Linked In.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all member content – ensuring it is uploaded in timely fashion and in line with house-style
- Managing social media accounts – using best practice to encourage engagement with key influencers and policymakers
- Liaising directly with parliamentarians and their offices, often to request articles from them, and edit those articles upon receipt;
- Developing and maintaining an editorial calendar designed to maximize site engagement by stakeholders and parliamentarians
The ideal candidate will have:
- An interest and understanding of politics and the UK public affairs industry;
- Experience/willingness to learn in social media management (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong telephone manner;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Closing Date: 10 June 2019
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, providing detail around your experience and what you believe you would be able to bring to the position, to Anastasia.Zawierucha@dodsgroup.com