Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 31 May 2019
Job Title: Policy Associate
Working For: Financial Reporting Council
The main purpose of the role will be to assess the quality of reporting by companies and investors in their application of the three Codes. This role offers the opportunity to be part of a growing team developing the FRC’s approach to corporate governance and stewardship monitoring and obtaining evidence to support policy development.
The role involves:
- Assessing corporate governance reporting by UK Listed and large private companies, drawing information from annual reports and accounts and the evaluation of reporting against Code Principles and Provisions
- Assessing the reporting by signatories to the Stewardship Code
- identifying of examples of reporting which indicate best practice, and where improvement is required
- establishing criteria for reporting quality
- analysing information and evidence from academic literature and relevant research
- providing project support for team initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a degree level qualification or alternative, relevant qualification, and/or have gained relevant experience in business or investment environment.
- high quality analytical, interpersonal and team-working skills
- an interest in corporate governance and an understanding of its benefits
- an understanding of the basic requirements of company reports, in particular narrative reporting and;
- the ability to communicate findings of analysis accurately and succinctly both in writing and orally and make recommendations where appropriate.
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Interview will take place in our office - 8th Floor, 125 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5AS.
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at email@example.com. In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
23rd May 2019 - The closing date has been extended from 27 May 2019 to 31 May 2019.