Date Added: 13 May 2019
: 29 May 2019
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant +REMOVED
Working For: Mark Pritchard MP (The Wrekin)
The ideal candidate must have a full command of both written and spoken English and wide experience in all types of social media and communications. Prior Parliament experience required. This role requires a strong communications element and will include the following list. However, the list is not exhaustive.
- Monitor order paper for future debates
- Oversee daily social media and website postings
- Prepare speeches, either in full or in outline
- Brief MP on important announcements
- Provide briefings for meetings or debates
- Write press releases after events
- Draft regular columns for local newspapers
- Draft oral/written questions for submission
- Identify and apply for Westminster Hall and/or Adjournment debates
- Respond to policy correspondence from constituents, and invitations
- Process campaign responses to go to constituents (PRU subscriber)
- Produce quarterly video of MP's activities
- Manage MP's social media and pages website
- Assist with APPG activities
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 May 2019
First interviews will take place the first week of June.
Due to the role as Senior Parliamentary Assistant prior experience working for an MP is preferred. All applications must be sent by post, with a hand written cover letter. No applications received by email or without a handwritten cover letter will be considered nor receive a response. No applications received after the closing date will receive a reply.
Please send a CV with a cover letter to: Ms Sondra Spaeth, Office of Mark Pritchard MP, House of Commons, Lower Secretaries Ground Floor Desk 3, London, SW1A 0AA
14th May 2019 - This ad has been removed at the request of the original advertiser, as the position has now been filled. Please do not apply for this role.