Date Added: 1 May 2019
: 17 May 2019
Job Title: Volunteer Intern
Working For: Never Such Innocence
Charity Number: 1156148
Salary: The position is unpaid, we will reimburse reasonable travel expenses. Hours are very flexible. Previous interns have spent 1-2 days a week with us
About Never Such Innocence
At Never Such Innocence we aim to give children and young people across the world a voice on war and conflict. We offer opportunities to reflect on conflict throughout history and today through a poetry, art, song and speeches competition.
The charity began as a First World War commemoration project for children and young people. Inspired by this conflict, more than 11,000 young people created poetry, artwork, and songs. From 2019 we have expanded our focus to include Conflict in all forms and throughout history, up to and including the present day.
We are looking for an outgoing and motivated individual to join our team. The role is ideal for someone wanting to gain experience in an office environment and/or wanting to work in the third sector.
The role will be very flexible, and there will be the opportunity to be involved in and learn about any of the following areas:
- Supporting research for a major educational resource covering conflict throughout history
- Managing and updating large databases
- Managing social media accounts and updating the organisation website
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Supporting the organisation of high profile regional events
We strongly encourage a range of applicants with all levels of experience.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or G Suite
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good telephone manner
- Demonstrable interest in one of the following areas: history, education, the arts
Please also see: https://www.neversuchinnocence.com/work-with-us
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 17 May 2019
Interviews will take place the week beginning 20th May. Ideally we would like someone to start as soon as possible.
Please email a CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words to Eleanor Stephens at email@example.com by the closing date. In your cover letter, please outline why you would like to volunteer with NSI. Please name the files “Your Name – CV / Cover Letter” and attach them to your email.