Date Added: 17 April 2019
: 1 May 2019
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: Overseas Development Insitute
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
PES Communications Manager role
We are looking for a Communications Manager to lead the development and delivery of strategic public communications across the Poverty, Economics and Sustainability (PES) research cluster. This is an exciting and pivotal role, working with senior staff within the research cluster and across the institute to support the delivery of ODI’s strategic priorities and to strengthen the impact of our externally-facing public affairs and communications work. The post holder will be responsible for workload planning and prioritisation, and will work with business development colleagues to ensure strategic public affairs and communications outputs are included in bids, proposals and contracts.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Managing the communications function and communications team within the cluster
- Seeking opportunities to link ODI’s research with external policy and political decision-making processes
- Supporting researchers to translate their work into strong policy propositions and engaging public affairs and communications outputs
- Leading the development and delivery of effective public affairs and communications strategies to enhance the reputation, visibility and impact of ODI’s work
- Overseeing the day to day delivery of public affairs and communications outputs from the research cluster, ensuring the high quality, timeliness and effectiveness
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248
Closing Date: 1 May 2019
Interview date: 10 May 2019
Start date: As soon possible, depending on successful candidates' notice period
Please apply online: https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/odi/vms/e/careers/positions/bAuwJ369TovyqirF6bHF5F
If you are experiencing difficulties downloading application pack, please telephone 020 7922 8234 /0351 or email email@example.com.