Date Added: 17 April 2019
: 17 May 2019
Job Title: Head of Global Government Relations
Working For: The Climate Group
Salary: £49,000 per annum or more
The Climate Group is looking for a talented and ambitious professional to manage government relationships and build subnational government partnerships for the Under2 Coalition. They will have the opportunity to play a critical role in leading the global engagement for the Under2 Coalition, for which The Climate Group acts as the Secretariat.
This is a senior position in the Under2 Coalition team and therefore we are seeking an individual with strong track record of managing stakeholder relationships, experience of managing a team and an ability to engage with external partners.
About the Role
The focus of the role is to deliver the Under2 Coalition’s engagement and governance strategy working with state and regional governments committed to accelerating climate action. The postholder will play a key role in managing government relationships for the Under2 Coalition with the support of the global engagement team.
Given the global nature of the role it will involve several opportunities a year for international travel, to convene meetings of the Under2 Coalition and participate in international events.
We are looking for a professional with experience of managing stakeholders to join our growing team.
- Significant experience in relationship management, outreach, coordination, and external relations activities preferably in an environmental or international development sector.
- Proven track record of success in project delivery, including managing partners
- Excellent people management skills with experience of managing a team
- Experience in fund-raising.
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Good financial skills, including managing and reporting budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player, able to work independently and effectively with others
- Proactive, innovative, solutions-focused approach and ability to prioritize actions
- Experience working for or with governments
- Understanding of international climate politics
- Degree in environment/politics/social sciences or similar
- Technical command over MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT etc.) and operating knowledge of Salesforce
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English
Closing Date: 17 May 2019
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please apply at https://theclimategroup.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=afd4cee7-faf1-43cc-8d2d-1be3312e20f2 .Should you require further information, please contact Lenka Brabazon, HR Manager on email@example.com.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. The expected closing date for this position is 17 May 2019. However, applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We encourage applications as soon as possible.