Date Added: 17 April 2019
: 2 May 2019
Job Title: London CND Group Development & Social Media Worker
Working For: London Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
Salary: £34,147 (pro-rata)
London Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
GROUP DEVELOPMENT & SOCIAL MEDIA WORKER
Want to help make the world safe for future generations? This might be just the job for you….
London CND wants to employ a Group Development & Social Media worker for two days a week supporting our local groups, helping set up new ones in the Greater London area, and keeping our social media shipshape.
You’ll share our commitment to ridding Britain of the Trident nuclear weapons system and the world of all nuclear and other weapons of mass and indiscriminate destruction. You’ll have some experience of campaigning, with social media skills, an ability to design publicity, and admin experience including word processing and spread sheet software. You’re capable of setting your own day-to-day agenda, willing to work flexibly, and occasionally operate out of hours.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Keeping local groups up to date about London CND activities and vice versa
• Helping groups arrange speakers, advertise events, design publicity, if asked
• Admin and digital and paper record keeping
• Assisting with finances and fund-raising
• Responding to enquiries
• Up-keep of London CND website, Facebook, Twitter, Eventbrite and Mailchimp accounts
• Providing a regular e-news service and managing subscriptions to our bi-monthly newsletter
• Helping organise London CND events and designing publicity
• Coordinating London CND volunteers
• Assisting the work of CND’s Youth and Student team.
Our office is located in Islington, nearby underground and over-ground rail services and bus routes. You’ll share space with other CND workers and volunteers in a busy, friendly environment.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description, or to arrange to talk about the job to our current staff member before you apply. CND is committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. Please contact us to discuss any accessibility requirements you may have.
Closing Date: 2 May 2019
Application deadline 5pm Thursday 2 May
Interviews held Wednesday 8 May.
Start date no earlier than Monday 20 May
Email email@example.com for a full job description. If you’d like to talk about the job to our current staff member before you apply, email Georgia at the above address and arrange an informal chat.