Date Added: 17 April 2019
: 1 May 2019
Job Title: Policy Adviser - EU Negotiations
Working For: The Confederation of British Industry
Based at our Cannon Place office, the EU Negotiations Team is responsible for leading the CBI’s activity on the UK’s departure from the EU, influencing the direction of the negotiations on behalf of the CBI’s members and helping policy makers and members prepare for exit.
Reporting into the Head of EU Negotiations, the Policy Adviser will play a key role in the team which is responsible for:
- Consulting with CBI members to develop policy positions that represent the business view on Brexit on a range of issues.
- Co-ordinating across Brexit-related policy activities led by other CBI teams to help create a unified vision that influences the negotiations.
- Working with UK and EU policy makers to deliver a Brexit that supports the economy.
- Providing CBI members with the insight and intelligence they need to manage uncertainty and make a success of Brexit.
It’s a unique position with a view over the breadth of the CBI’s Brexit policy work. The individual would join the team at an exciting time, with potential to shape the role itself, as well as the organisation’s plans in a fast-moving environment.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Knowledge of the policymaking process in the UK government and Brussels.
- Demonstrable interest in public policy.
- Understanding of the political sensitivities around the EU negotiations, both in the UK and the EU.
- Appreciation of the business community’s position on the EU negotiations.
- Familiarity with the workings of business and commercial pressures.
Closing Date: 1 May 2019
For applications please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Policy Adviser' as the title.