Date Added: 17 April 2019
: 17 June 2019
Job Title: Investigative Researcher
Working For: Beauhurst
We’re offering a fantastic opportunity for an inquisitive, outgoing individual to join our team. You will be tasked with unearthing the most hard-to-find pieces of data about the companies and transactions that we monitor. We’re after information that’s usually never been published, often doesn’t exist in public records and may only lie in the heads of a select few individuals – the people that run, own, or work with these firms.
This form of investigative data gathering is a new area for us so the role will be what you make of it. You will receive a large degree of independence. You’ll have to develop and test your own ways of obtaining information. These will undoubtedly involve hitting the phones, buying coffees and probably some wining and dining – as well, of course, as some desk-based research. A reasonable amount of travel across the UK will be involved. Don’t worry, we’ll back you with a generous expense account.
This role is initially a four month fixed-term contract but with the potential to turn into a permanent role should your results be favourable. The role would ideally be based at our London office, but could run out of our Nottingham location.
- Natural confidence; able to build rapport quickly
- Excellent speaking and listening skills with a quick and curious mind
- Not deterred by gatekeepers – you see them as a challenge
- A fast and independent learner who likes to improve their own work methods
- Bonus points for experience in one or more of: intelligence; journalism; academic research (in particular drawing from unusual sources); telephone or face-to-face research; consulting
As well as a competitive salary, we're delighted to offer:
- Fantastic culture – you’ll be welcomed into a fun, quirky and intelligent team, committed to seeking and supporting personal development
- Staff activities – book club, days out
- Staff discount scheme
- Great company social life – Friday drinks in the office, regular events with free lunches, book club, days out (quad biking, treasure hunts, comedy nights)
- Apple Mac laptop and fully expensed iPhone
- Generous expenses allowance
Closing Date: 17 June 2019
Please apply via https://grnh.se/8d51787f2 with your CV, along with a cover letter telling us why you want to do this role and why you’d be great at it. Please submit your cover letter in Word or PDF.
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.