Date Added: 17 April 2019
: 7 May 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs volunteer
Working For: Islamic Relief UK
Charity Number: 328158
Salary: This is a voluntary position and is unpaid outside of reasonable expenses
Islamic Relief is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, which has been transforming and saving lives across the globe since 1984. We are one of the world’s largest faith-inspired charities, with more than 100 offices delivering programmes to benefit vulnerable people in over 40 countries worldwide.
We work with parliamentarians and the UK Government to ensure the needs of our beneficiaries are heard. We have a small advocacy team and are seeking a enthusiastic intern to support us in our work getting our voice heard. In return for your efforts, you'll gain experience in a busy, international development organisation and exposure to a range of activities from parliamentary monitoring through to event organisation.
Tasks that we would ask a intern to take on would include:
- Assisting in political monitoring including daily “headline” scanning of news from UK government departments
- Assisting in drafting correspondence to UK government and political stakeholders
- Ensuring the IRUK external relations stakeholder list is kept up to date
- Supporting regional teams to maintain and improve their connections with local parliamentary champions
- Researching and drafting speaking remarks for IRUK’s executive team when they attend events
- Assisting in the organisations of Islamic Relief led events such as parliamentary receptions, roundtables etc
- Assisting in a wide variety of administrative duties, including preparing presentation materials, reports, event/room bookings, and any other related tasks
We are seeking an intern to work with us for 2-3 days per week but are flexible about working patterns and hours.
For more information and to apply, please see:
If you would like to contact us about the opportunity, please email email@example.com
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 7 May 2019
A short discussion meeting will take place with individuals whose applications are successful. This will take place soon after the closing date of the advert.
This meeting will take about 30 minutes.
Internships for Islamic Relief UK are handled through our training and development academy.
Please apply by emailing a completed internship application form (http://had-int.org/internships-irw/apply/) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only respond to individuals who are deemed suitable for the role.