Date Added: 17 April 2019
: 6 May 2019
Job Title: Events Manager
Working For: Centre for Cities
Responsible for: Developing and delivering an ambitious and creative programme of events
Contract: full time, permanent
Matching pension scheme (up to 10%)
Annual leave: 28 days, after four years rising to 30 days
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding individual to run the Centre’s events programme, including report launches, party conference receptions, public lectures and policy round tables.
• Develop and implement the Centre’s annual programme of events to communicate the breadth and range of the Centre’s research and ideas to the widest possible network
• Organise all aspects of events with exceptional venues, inspiring speakers and engaged audiences
• Plan and organise the Centre’s presence at the political party conferences
• Design and support the delivery of events for the What Works Centre for Local Economic Growth in which Centre for Cities is a partner
• Work with the Partnership Manager to develop partner-specific events that fit with the Centre’s ethos and priorities
• Ensure a diverse range of views and backgrounds are represented and that all of the Centre’s events reflect our independence and political neutrality
• Use the Centre’s contract management database and maintain relevant data in the database
• Negotiate venue costs and be accountable for relevant budgets
• Other activities relevant to the work of the External Affairs team and the Centre as directed
• Track record of organising and delivering multiple events
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of writing briefings and related event materials
• Experience of building networks of key stakeholders
• Strong team-working skills
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Willingness to travel within the UK and occasional work outside office hours
• Good knowledge of IT, including experience of using EventBrite
• Interest in the importance of cities as drivers of economic prosperity and an understanding of the Centre’s work
• Understanding of and interest in UK national and local politics
Closing Date: 6 May 2019
We anticipate that shortlisted applicants will need to be available for interview in the week beginning Monday 13 May.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please download the application form from https://www.centreforcities.org/about/jobs-and-internships/ and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to HR, Centre for Cities, 9 Holyrood London SE1 2EL.
Please note to that we do not accept CVs.