Date Added: 15 April 2019
: 3 May 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Liz Kendall MP (Leicester West)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Liz Kendall MP, Member of Parliament for Leicester West is recruiting for a full time Parliamentary Assistant based in her Westminster Office.
Main duties will include:
• Keeping up to date with Parliamentary bills, early day motions, legislation and debates
• Undertaking research, usually from readily available sources
• Provide briefings on policy issues, potential questions and motions put to the house
• Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc
• Give advice on policy issues
• Monitor media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues
• Management of Liz’s Westminster diary
• Respond to policy and media correspondence and enquiries
• Provide generalist admin support
• The successful applicant will have a strong record of research
• Excellent communication skills, especially writing briefing materials and articles for print
• The ability to produce work of a high standard, often under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently and also as part of a small team
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Previous Parliamentary experience is preferred but not essential
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
The Labour Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 May 2019
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will be held w/c 6th May 2019. The successful applicant will start as soon as possible.
Application Details: To apply, please send your CV and 1 page covering letter to email@example.com no later than 5pm on the closing date.