Date Added: 15 April 2019
: 10 June 2019
Job Title: Web Developer
Working For: Tech Against Terrorism
Tech Against Terrorism is a high-impact nonprofit working with the UN Security Council and the global tech sector, civil society, and national governments to support smaller internet platforms in tackling terrorist use of the internet whilst respecting human rights. We're hiring a larger team developers to help us build tools to support the tech sector make better decisions about terrorist propaganda. At Tech Against Terrorism we have three pillars of activity: 1) Global outreach; 2) Knowledge sharing; 3) Applied data science and development to support tech platforms.
As we continue to grow, we are working on developing new modules and tools for our Knowledge Sharing Platform to provide tech startups with practical support as part of our partnership with the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism. We're excited by the impact our work has already achieved and have ambitious plans for our upcoming product rollouts. As part of this we are looking for a passionate, driven, and adaptable full-stack developers who want to help tackle terrorist exploitation of the Internet and safeguard human rights.
- Develop and maintain the Tech Again Terrorism website and Knowledge Sharing Platform (including assessment tools)
- Collaborate with data scientist teams in building web-based tools to help analyse terrorist content and its narratives at scale
Some things we consider essential:
- Practical experience with:
- Apache, nginx, and Amazon Web Services
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- £30-40k salary (based on experience)
- 33 days of holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Cycle to work and pension contribution schemes
Closing Date: 10 June 2019
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that there could be some international travel to attend conference to help explain our work to technical and non-technical audiences.