Date Added: 15 April 2019
: 26 April 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive +REMOVED
Working For: NFRN (a client of EA)
The NFRN was founded in 1919 and is one of Europe’s largest employers’ associations with over 15,000 independent retailers in membership throughout the UK and Ireland.
Membership of the NFRN consists of a variety of independent retailers, including: newsagents, convenience stores, confectioners, florists, petrol forecourts, news deliverers, off-licences, post offices, coffee shops, and card & stationery shops.
The NFRN actively represents its members’ interests at governmental and parliamentary level, and they are the official government referral body for the sector and a powerful voice for the independent retailer.
This role sits within a busy public affairs department that is working to develop its agenda, not only in Westminster, but across all devolved parliaments and assemblies, and the Republic of Ireland, offering the opportunity to gain experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment, and in time lead on projects and develop their presence across the country.
The NFRN’s members are affected by a variety of issues and this role will enable you to learn and involve yourself in many different policy areas. The Public Affairs Executive will work alongside colleagues in the communications team and will report to the Head of Public Affairs and Communications.
- Being proactive in looking for opportunities to promote the NFRN’s agenda
- Political monitoring and the providing of briefing packs
- Attending meetings - Keeping records and building information databases
- Specific assistance in monitoring and providing resources to members in the devolved assemblies and Parliaments to ensure their specific agendas are represented
- Assistance with the logistics of planning and running parliamentary activities, such as events in parliament or at party conferences.
Key skills and experience required
- Excellent knowledge of the Parliamentary environment, knowledge around the devolved legislatures would be beneficial
- A confident manner with the ability to build strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proven ability to deal with a range of issues in a pressured environment.
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/public-affairs-executive-gm-1904-6560/
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis, and the successful candidate will start when their notice period allows.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Georgia Mackay (email@example.com).
We will endeavour to acknowledge all applicants, however due to expected demand, this might not always be possible.
23rd April 2019 - This ad has been removed at the request of the original advertiser as applicants are now being interviewed. Please do not apply for this role.