Date Added: 15 April 2019
: 25 April 2019
Job Title: Political Assistant - Conservative Group
Working For: Trafford Council
Salary: £29,636-£32,029 per annum
We are looking for an experienced Political Assistant to take on a busy and exciting role. You will support the Leader of the Conservative Group at the Council and therefore it is essential that you have a commitment to politics and to the policies of the Conservative Party.
You will provide an efficient research, information, publicity and administration service for the Leader of the Group including undertaking policy and project based assignments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to provide a confidential, professional service with demonstrable knowledge of local government and Conservative party policies.
Key requirements for this role includes (although not exhaustive):
- Degree or suitable equivalent qualification standard
- 1-2 years’ experience in operating within a political environment and experience in local government
- Membership of the Conservative Party
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and highly developed ICT skills on a variety of packages (especially Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise and to interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to research and prepare policy advice and briefing notes/ reports
- Ability to create and sustain a positive relationship with the leader and the group that generates confidence, respect, credibility and trust
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to personal and professional development and our working environment at Trafford Town Hall is exceptional.
We have a total reward package available including:- local government pension scheme, car lease scheme, generous annual leave scheme, option to buy back additional annual leave, flexi-time, agile working, employee recognition awards, celebrating success scheme and a comprehensive health and wellbeing strategy.
If you are passionate about improving services for our citizens, providing high quality services and have the right level of expertise for this role then we would like to hear from you.
For or an informal discussion about the role please contact Sean Anstee (Leader of the Conservative Group) on 07791551334 or email:- email@example.com
Closing Date: 25 April 2019
Interviews will take place week commencing 6 May 2019
Commencement in post as soon as possible following pre-employment clearances
To apply please visit:- https://greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/TF27353/