Date Added: 26 March 2019
: 22 April 2019
Job Title: Executive Support Intern
Working For: Renaissance Foundation
Charity Number: 1128772
Salary: Expenses covered: transport and food up to £10 a day
We are looking for volunteer interns to support our Director and Operations Manager at our busy London-based youth charity. It's an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to gain insight and experience of the charity sector.
The role is varied and combines fundraising, operations and admin support, some of the key tasks might include:
- Working with the Director to schedule meetings and support follow up activities.
- Liaison with our young people and support with planning workshops and youth engagement activity.
- Researching, evaluating data and collating information from published reports and journals from the health, care and education sectors.
- Working on a project area with the executive management of the charity; creating a Development plan and implementing it, whilst being mentored and gaining experience of preparing comprehensive fundraising proposals and campaigns.
Key skills needed
- Excellent written communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and identify solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
You would be based at our office in Shoreditch, London which is open Monday - Thursday 9:30am - 6pm. The Internship is flexible with hours to suit your availability.
About the Renaissance Foundation
Renaissance Foundation inspires young people from Tower Hamlets living with significant challenges to fulfil their unique potential. We focus exclusively on three hard-to-reach groups: young carers; young hospital patients suffering from life-limiting conditions and transitioning from child care to adult care; and young pupils from deprived backgrounds (‘school pupils at risk’), typically aged between 13 and 17 and referred to us by well respected authorities. We use the power of inspiration, creative and digital learning and vocational development in our programmes. This helps our three communities develop key strengths to support high aspirations including resilience, confidence in public settings and positive engagement with society and the workplace.
Closing Date: 22 April 2019
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please send a CV and a short covering letter explaining your motivations to Claire Arnott, Head of Fundraising and Operations, at email@example.com