Date Added: 14 March 2019
: 31 March 2019
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Steve McCabe MP (Birmingham Selly Oak)
Salary: In line with with IPSA pay scales
Steve McCabe MP is seeking a fulltime Constituency Assistant to join his busy constituency office based in Birmingham.
Main responsibilities for the Constituency Assistant include:
- Assist with constituency casework, provide advice and support to constituents and stakeholders.
- Liaise with external agencies to resolve matters on behalf of constituents and others
- Deal with a large amount of correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and provide timely responses
- Produce press releases on local and national stories and produce content publicising the members parliamentary and constituency work across social media platforms, including producing videos
- Stakeholder engagement
- Arrange meetings and visits for the MP
- Accompany the MP to some meetings and visits
- Undertake research for parliamentary debates and questions
- Undertake data entry, administration and database management of correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office, and social media skills (including producing videos)
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload
- Experience in campaigning is desirable
- Awareness of current political issues at local and national level.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Please note there will be some weekend and evening work
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
Candidates must be available for interview on Tuesday 16 April 2019 in Birmingham.
Applicants should send their CV with a detailed covering letter setting out how they meet the requirements of the role (500 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org