Date Added: 14 March 2019
: 5 April 2019
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP (The Cotswolds)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidlines
A motivated, well-organised and hard-working individual is sought to join Sir Geoffrey’s busy Westminster office.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with excellent research skills and good attention to detail. They will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a large caseload, together with common sense, sound judgement, excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative. Previous Parliamentary/Political experience is essential as we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
- Drafting speeches and tabling Parliamentary Questions
- Prepare briefings for committees, parliamentary questions, articles and debates as necessary
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Research local, national and international issues as requested by the Member
- Provide the Member with policy advice
- Liaise with local and national media; issue press releases and provide media briefings to the Member when
- In Box management answering phone calls and requests
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of personal and political sensitivity and diplomacy
- Strong research skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to deal with a large volume of work
- Ability to use one’s initiative
- Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate will be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Previous Parliamentary/Political experience is essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 April 2019
The post may be filled prior to the closing date. Previous applicants need not apply.
Please send a covering letter of no more than one page, and a CV of no more than two pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org