Date Added: 14 March 2019
: 25 March 2019
Job Title: Principal Secretary
Working For: Mark Prisk MP (Hertford and Stortford)
Salary: Standard IPSA rates for London (four days a week equivalent)
An opportunity for an experienced person already working at Westminster. I envisage this role to be for four days a week.
• Overall management of MP’s diary commitments in the House and in the constituency. This includes outside commitments such as my work as the PM’s Trade Envoy to Brazil & the Nordic/Baltic nations.
• Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping MP informed of all relevant financial matters and liaising with IPSA as appropriate on expense claims.
• Respond to and forward manage routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, media etc. Option of taking on limited casework.
• Responsibility for administration of my Portcullis House office.
• Work alongside other team members, sharing work during holidays etc.
• Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 March 2019
Interviews probably March 27/28th. Start date: ideally in May.
Apply to Natalie Bithell at email@example.com with a short covering letter and a cv.