Date Added: 4 March 2019
: 29 March 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant +REMOVED
Working For: Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP (The Cotswolds)
Salary: In-line with IPSA payscales
A motivated, well-organised and hard-working individual is sought to join Sir Geoffrey’s busy Westminster office team.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with exceptional research skills and excellent attention to detail. They will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a large caseload, together with common sense, sound judgment, excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative. Previous Parliamentary experience is essential as we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
• Conduct research into local, regional and international issues as required, ensuring the MP is well briefed on any relevant issues
• Lead on responses to policy correspondence and campaign emails
• Draft media articles, press releases and website updates
• Drafting speeches and assisting with the MP’s role on the Public Accounts Committee
• Lead on projects as required
• Deal with complex queries on behalf of the MP
• Respond to enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
• Monitor media coverage and brief the Member accordingly
The successful candidate will have scrupulous attention to detail as well as excellent written and spoken English. They will be adept at juggling different tasks and commitments and turning around work quickly to a high standard.
It is advantageous that candidates share the aims and values of the Conservative party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged as an appointment may be made before the closing date if the right candidate is found
Please send a CV, and a covering letter of no more than one page, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any enquiries about the role can also be directed to this address.
06/03 - This ad has been marked removed at the request of the original advertiser.