Date Added: 11 February 2019
: 22 February 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs & Policy Adviser -REMOVED
Working For: The Association of Consumer Support Organisations
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
The Association of Consumer Support Organisations (ACSO) is a membership and campaigns body founded in 2019 to represent consumers as claimants in the civil justice system, as well as those companies who work on their behalf. ACSO is looking for a public affairs and policy adviser who will help establish the organisation, provide membership and administrative support and work with the directors and key member organisations to shape policies and campaigns that will support the new body as it grows. See http://acso.org.uk/careers.html
Primary tasks will include:
• Engaging with politicians, policymakers and industry figures to represent the interest of ACSO members and those they support
• Organising and participating in meetings with the team, members and others and producing minutes and action plans, including secretariat services for Board meetings
• Undertaking research on issues relevant to our campaign work, including attending relevant external events and drafting briefings
• Engaging with third parties such as research companies and others to provide collateral for ACSO’s campaigns and policy work
• Establishing and maintaining a membership and contacts database, including supporting new business development
• Assisting with social and other media relations, including monitoring
• Events management.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Has grit, determination, a willingness to learn and develop and is a self-starter
• Has excellent research skills and the ability to distil and summarise complex topics into easy-to-understand formats
•Has excellent organisational administrative and technology skills
• Has good communication skills, including excellent oral and written English
• Ideally has direct experience working with government departments, regulators, politicians and other policymakers
• An interest in civil justice issues is desirable but not essential
Location: ACSO will be based at offices in Westminster, but the role is likely to be a combination of office and home working.
Reporting: the role will report to a full-time director of ACSO.
Package: Negotiable but the role will be full time and include 25 days’ paid annual leave. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: 22 February 2019
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible, interviews will be held once applications are received and after the closing date.
To apply for the role or for further information about it or about ACSO, please contact:
Matthew Maxwell Scott
14/02 - This role has been marked removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.