Date Added: 11 February 2019
: 24 February 2019
Job Title: Content Developer
Working For: VotesforSchools
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
At VotesforSchools, we are dedicated to giving young people from all backgrounds the skills they need to become informed and active citizens who are part of a cohesive society. As the Content Developer, you will work closely with the team to design cutting edge SMSC and British values resources that bring topical issues to life.
• Passionate about young people having a voice and helping them understand the world around them.
• Independent in your work ethic yet able to support other members of the team, both leading your own projects and assisting others when necessary.
• Able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders; from school leaders to partner charities, influencers and politicians.
• Excited about shaping the direction of a start-up with huge potential.
• Driven to initiate new projects that are informed by research and evidence.
• Adaptable and open to taking on new roles. The business is likely to expand in the coming years and you are likely to take on more responsibility quickly.
The Content Developer will:
• Design, create and distribute weekly lesson materials that ensure teachers are fully equipped to cover sensitive or controversial issues, as well as bespoke resources on targeted issues, e.g. substance abuse, consent, gangs.
• Develop ideas for improving and developing the current materials, so that they lead the industry in SMSC and British values delivery.
• Research future curriculum / inspection developments and adapt VotesforSchools resources to fit these criteria.
• Gather meaningful feedback from pupils, teachers and leaders, by visiting schools regularly and creating reliable channels for feedback.
• Pinpoint policy areas or campaigns in which young people’s voices could make an impact and develop partnerships with relevant charities, individuals or businesses who can support us to achieve this.
• Develop assessment materials and supporting resources that help school leaders measure the impact of the VotesforSchools’ programme.
• Analyse the voting data from our young people on a weekly basis and come up with creative ways to visualise and publicise it.
• Maintain expertise in the areas of SMSC, British values, Prevent and general pedagogy, as well as knowledge of the competition in our sector.
Closing Date: 24 February 2019
Interviews will be held on 7th and 8th March.
The role will start on Monday 22nd April.
Please send your CV and a cover letter/email (600 words max) explaining why you think you would excel in this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.