Date Added: 6 February 2019
: 25 February 2019
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Institute for Government
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
The Institute for Government is currently inviting applications for a Researcher position (Ref: RES1903). Researchers are responsible for supporting the delivery of Institute research and learning projects and are managed by Senior Researchers, Associate Directors or Programme Directors.
We will give you the opportunity to:
• become a core member of the Research and Learning team in a highly-respected institution at the heart of Westminster with close connections to government and all political parties
• take a fresh, evidence-based look at a range of issues, to understand the problems facing government, develop innovative solutions to these problems and influence senior decision makers to undertake improvements
• work with other Institute staff and external partners to deliver the Institute’s research and learning programme, and to lead specific project modules as appropriate
• work on projects combining traditional research with practitioner and expert workshops and stimulating public and private events
• produce high-quality written reports and discussion papers, presentations, seminars and other events
We are looking for confident and reliable graduates who have the ability to:
• conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to build and communicate an understanding of public management and policy problems and their causes
• build strong working relationships both inside the Institute and externally (including MPs and senior civil servants, government departments and agencies, other organisations in the academic, public and commercial sectors and public policy commentators including journalists)
• work with our Events team to organise public events, seminars and meetings, and present project findings and recommendations in these forums
• deliver the results of projects, including high-quality written reports and presentations in a suitable format and style for specific targeted audiences, to challenging deadlines; and discussing project findings in the media
• assist in the development workshops and toolkits to aid senior decision makers in government
• work closely with other Institute staff to maximise the impact of our insights on how senior decision makers act.
Knowledge and/or experience of UK government are essential.
Closing Date: 25 February 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be invited in for an interview during w/c 11 March 2019.
There is a three stage process : an online application form, an invitation to a long list to submit a piece of written work and interviews.
Please see the application information pack on our website at https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/job/researcher