Date Added: 7 February 2019
: 20 February 2019
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Working For: United Nations Association UK
Salary: £20,000 per annum
About the post
This is a full-time post at the UNA-UK offices in central London. The appointment will be for 6 months initially, with the opportunity to extend subject to funding.
Annual salary, including London weighting, will be £20,000. Benefits include 25 days annual leave pro rata for the term of the contract, additional 5 days over Christmas and 7% employer pension contribution through the company’s pension scheme.
The post-holder will report to the Head of Policy, and will be part of a small, dynamic UNA-UK team.
Key tasks (not exhaustive)
- Work with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the website and its future development, by ensuring the site is kept up to date, project managing its improvement and maintenance, and liaising with developers
- Cross-link and appropriately tag and categorise posts to improve the look and logical coherence of the site, showcase our best work, optimise search results and make content easier to find
- Write press releases, news articles, and impact reports for publication on our website and distribution to our media contacts
- Proactively engage with and develop contact with key journalists and editors
- Manage journalists database, and ensure that relevant content is circulated as appropriate
- Circulate UNA-UK content to other networks as appropriate and seek out new networks
- Media monitoring and associated impact reporting
- Seek out opportunities to increase UNA-UK impact such as by pitching op-eds, interviews and researching opportunities to contribute to events and publications
- Day-to-day coordination of UNA-UK’s social media channels
- Development of the Organisation’s social media strategy
- Run interactive campaigns and ensure opportunities for expansion are capitalised upon
- Maintain the house style guide and ensure compliance across all communications
- Support the development of our existing and new campaigns
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Policy and other team members as required to ensure UNA-UK is able to effectively communicate
- Provide proofreading and copyediting support across the Organisation and in particular with regard to UNA-UK’s publications
For more information about the opportunity and person specification, please see our website: https://www.una.org.uk/who-we-are/work-us/staff-vacancies
Closing Date: 20 February 2019
Closing deadline for receipt of applications is 10:00AM.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to telephone/skype interview on 25 February 2019 and face-to-face-interview on 28 February 2019.
To apply for the post please complete and email the application form together your CV and a covering letter to Fred Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org