Date Added: 7 February 2019
: 18 February 2019
Job Title: Outreach & Campaigns Assistant
Working For: United Nations Association UK
Salary: £20000 per annum
This is a full-time post at the UNA-UK offices in central London. The appointment will be for 6 months initially, with the opportunity to extend subject to funding.
Benefits include 25 days annual leave pro rata for the term of the contract, additional 5 days over Christmas and 7% employer contribution to the company’s workplace pension scheme.
The post-holder will report to the Outreach & Campaigns Officer, and will be part of a small, dynamic UNA-UK team.
Key tasks (not exhaustive)
- Drafting communications to our members, supporters and local groups, including regular newsletters and updates
- Increasing engagement with UNA-UK’s campaigns by maximising the number and quality of opportunities for interaction
- Champion UNA local initiatives through UNA-UK’s online channels, including UNA-UK’s website and social media platforms
- Building relationships with existing stakeholders and supporting the expansion of the Organisation’s nationwide supporter base
- Supporting colleagues with the planning and coordination of UNA-UK’s events and representing UNA-UK at external events
- Keeping the website up to date by drafting and uploading content as necessary
- Improving the experience of members and supporters’ interaction with UNA-UK’s website
- Undertaking membership administration tasks such as acting as the first point of contact for membership queries
- Supporting longer-term membership and outreach projects, with guidance from the Outreach & Campaigns Officer
- Working with the Outreach & Campaigns Officer to improve how the Organisation reports and measures its campaign impact
- Supporting the maintenance and development of UNA-UK’s central database including data reporting and ensuring contact records are up-to-date
- Increasing UNA-UK’s supporter engagement with UNA-UK’s campaigns
- Sharing updates and news from our local UNA network and their local initiatives
- Promoting membership and encouraging financial giving through UNA-UK’s social media channels
For more information about the opportunity and person specification, please see our website: https://www.una.org.uk/who-we-are/work-us/staff-vacancies
Closing Date: 18 February 2019
Shortlisted Candidates will be invited to a telephone/skype interview on the 25 and 26 February 2019 and face-to-face-interview on 28 February 2019.
Closing deadline for receipt of applications is 10:00AM
To apply for the post please complete and email the application form together your CV and a covering letter to Laurel Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Outreach & Campaigns Assistant job application.