Date Added: 10 January 2019
: 20 January 2019
Job Title: Campaigns & Public Affairs Volunteer
Working For: Age UK
Charity Number: 1128267
Salary: Volunteer post - £5 per day food allowance and up to £10 travel expenses covered
Purpose: To assist the Age UK External Affairs team with ad hoc admin duties to contribute to the organisation’s wider campaigns and public affairs activity.
• Administration tasks such as data inputting, notetaking, transcribing, telephone based engagement
• Assist with events logistics from planning to delivery
• Understand, categorise and pull out relevant information from a spreadsheet which contains information such as survey responses
• Condensing key information from reports into short internal briefings
• Assist in growing and developing our social media presence
Skills and experience:
• An active interest in politics and making positive change to the lives of older people
• A people person who is able to communicate well face to face, over the phone and in writing
• Being flexible with the ability to work within a team and independently
• Experience of supporting event logistics
• Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience using social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
• Commitment to data protection, confidentiality and health and safety - with a willingness to complete relevant online training
The role is completely flexible and based on how much time the successful candidate is able offer.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 20 January 2019
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Your cover letter should explain how you meet the specific skills and experience required.