Date Added: 6 December 2018
: 19 December 2018
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Working For: Coalition for Global Prosperity
Salary: £55,000-£60,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
To oversee and deliver all financial, operational and administrative functions of CGP, using judgement, vision, management, and strategic leadership to ensure that the organisation achieves its objectives.
What we’re looking for:
The Coalition for Global Prosperity brings together political, military, business and faith leaders who believe that an effective aid budget, alongside an active diplomatic and defence strategy, keeps Britain at the forefront of saving lives, alleviating poverty and bringing freedom, security and prosperity to those who need it most.
We are a small and dynamic team with a big vision, where the contributions and skills of each person are valued and respected. The Chief Operating Officer position will sit at the heart of this close team, leading on all aspects of excellent financial and operational management, shaping the cycle of strategy planning, development and delivery, and ensuring that we deliver an effective fundraising programme.
This is a part time role, equivalent to three days a week. We are willing to discuss flexible working patterns for the right candidate, subject to effective delivery of the role.
- Financial management and budgetary oversight: leads on annual budget development to support the annual operating plan and overall strategy. Monitors cash-flow, oversees payments, oversees accountants, prepares financial reports for the board and donors.
- Legal and regulatory compliance: leads on liaison with regulators and lawyers. Responsible for producing all reports required by regulators, and monitoring compliance with all relevant regulation and legislation.
- Donor Management: works closely with the CEO on devising and implementing the Fundraising Plan, including managing major donor grant development and reporting.
- People management: Oversees all internal HR issues including: oversight of appropriate staff policies and procedures; staff performance reviews; training opportunities and payroll management. Also recruits and manages external consultancy support (e.g. grant writing, legal counsel, specialist HR support)
- Strategic leadership: Supports CEO on strategy including: Board management; monitoring and evaluation; and development of annual operating plans
Closing Date: 19 December 2018
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use ‘Chief Operating Officer’ as the email subject line.
For further details of this position, including Essential and Desirable Experience, please find a longer listing on our website here: