Date Added: 6 December 2018
: 15 December 2018
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Suella Braverman MP (Fareham)
Charity Number: N/A
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Suella Braverman MP is seeking to appoint a part-time Constituency Assistant to work in her busy Fareham Constituency Office alongside two experienced existing colleagues.
Main responsibilities for the Constituency Assistant will be:
- Support Suella’s work in the constituency.
- Assist constituency office in providing advice and support to constituents.
- Organising local events and meetings.
- Draft correspondence replies to constituents and businesses.
- Liaise with external agencies on behalf of constituents and businesses.
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses.
- Undertaking data entry, administration and database management of correspondence.
- Mailing, photocopying and filing.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are / have:
Previous experience working in a busy office environment in a high-pressured administrative role is essential.
Previous experience of event planning is highly desirable.
Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Good IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office package, and the ability to adapt to new software.
A desire to help people and make a positive contribution to the community.
Local candidates who are familiar with the area and the issues that its residents and businesses face will be well placed to undertake the role, but this is not a requirement.
Mrs Braverman is keen to appoint the best candidate, so would actively encourage those with experience to apply.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 December 2018
Please email your CV and a one-page covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role and what skills you can bring to the team to:
Suella Braverman at Suella@suellabraverman.co.uk