Date Added: 8 November 2018
: 28 November 2018
Job Title: Press and Digital Communications Officer
Working For: Green Group of MSPs
Location: Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh
Salary: £22,500 - £28,000 depending on experience, plus on-call allowance for agreed periods of cover
Full details: https://greens.scot/work-with-us
Hours: 37 hours per week, with occasional weekend and evening working
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and skilled communicator to join the Scottish Green Group in Parliament. You will work as part of the central team that supports the work of the Green MSPs and is responsible for communications to promote our work to the media, supporters and the public. This is a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding role that will put you at the heart of our efforts to create a fairer, greener Scotland.
Duties and responsibilities
- Draft press releases, answer and deal with media enquiries, organise broadcast interviews, draft briefing notes, letters and articles.
- Develop and deliver the Group’s digital communications strategy, in collaboration with colleagues from across the group.
- Monitor Press Association wires and social media for current and relevant media stories
- Out-of-hours media cover (on a rotational basis with other staff)
- Produce content for social media and MSP websites, newsletters and emails to constituents
- Build a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media
- Identify new opportunities to communicate the work of the Green MSPs to constituents
- Assist with the development and delivery of Green MSPs’ campaign priorities
- Liaise with national organisations and local community campaigns
- Identify opportunities for MSPs to give practical assistance to grassroots campaigns
- Accompany MSPs at media events and/or represent MSPs if requested
- Organise regional events and activities, as required
- Liaise with officers of the Scottish Green Party on national communications priorities
- Work with volunteers and interns as required
- Other reasonable and appropriate duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
See the full job description at: https://greens.scot/work-with-us
Closing Date: 28 November 2018
Interviews will take place during the week of Monday 3 December.
Closing time: 12pm.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Gordon.Crawford@parliament.scot. You should ensure you demonstrate how you meet the person specification as set out above in your application.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Jason Rose, Head of Media, on 0131 348 6329.